ROC Chardonnay Symposium 2020
presented by the Research Oenovation Collective
** Note: Due to COVID-19 concerns, the Chardonnay Symposium has been postponed and rescheduled for July 14 and 15. **
- You and your respected colleagues involved in fine Chardonnay production.
- The ROC Chardonnay Symposium – an invitation only winemaker-only forum for discovery and learning
- The spectacular facilities at Wente Vineyards in historic Livermore Valley, California
- Wednesday dinner and Thursday Symposium July 14-15 2020
- The ROC Chardonnay Symposium has been created to focus our curiosity in a collaborative and supportive environment on the most stylistically diverse winegrape, Chardonnay
- We encourage you to submit your Chardonnay wine trials for sharing and discussion among your industry peer attendees, send trial submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- $350 registration fee includes drinks and dinner the evening of the 22nd, Symposium attendance on the 23rd , including trial wine tastings, breakfast and lunch.
You may register on-line at www.rocwine.org or over the phone by calling (707) 716-9201
Final Agenda to be distributed in early April
Encouraged Trial Submission Topics Include:
- Producing your Best Tank Fermented Chardonnay
What are the best practices in tank fermentation for gaining the optimal characteristics of flavor/aroma and/or mouthfeel/texture for your targeted Chardonnay style.
- Driving Chardonnay Winestyle with Pre-Fermentation Techniques
Can different methods of pre-fermentation juice conditioning including delayed SO2 addition or cold arrest result in passive chemical changes during the days before the fermentation begins and impact wine characteristics as much as methods such as the use of a more complex mix of yeasts including non-Saccharomyces strains.
- Enhancing Sur Lie Character in either Tank or Barrel
What methods or applications enhance the desired sur lie character of Chardonnay wines? Potential topic areas include enzyme applications, alternative stirring regimens in tank or barrel, yeast strain selection, etc.
- Other – Please Describe
What trials have you attempted to drive your Chardonnay Winestyle?